Betting on sports attracts millions of players around the world. Some make bets several times a year for the sake of pleasure and new emotions, while others do it much more often to win. However, only experienced bookmakers know how to beat a bookmaker and consistently come out in the black. In this article, we will tell you what methods players resort to get an advantage over the betting company.
5 ways to beat the bookie
There are different approaches to betting. You should choose one or another method based on your skills, availability of insider information and money. You will learn in detail about each approach, the risks and its effectiveness.
Method #1 - Forks.
Forks is a common strategy among players who want to earn without risk. The essence of the scheme is that the user bet in 2-3 bookmaker offices on opposite outcomes. If you find a suitable event, then with such a bet, regardless of the outcome of the match, the player will remain in the black. Let's look at a simple example.
Let's say there is a match between Chelsea and Arsenal. The first bookmaker puts odds on TB 2.1 and TM 1.9. The second bookmaker evaluates the odds differently, putting odds of TB 1.9 and TM 2.1. In this situation, we need to make two equal bets to get a guaranteed profit.
At the first bookmaker we put 100 rubles on TB 2,1, and the second bookmaker has a similar amount on the TM 2,1. Regardless of the outcome, we will get 210 rubles. Net profit is 10 rubles (10%). However, this method has serious disadvantages:
- a)Difficulty in finding suitable events. Bookmakers are constantly updating their odds, so it will be difficult to find the right match. In some cases, the amount of time spent is not compensated by the profit received.
- b) Cancellation of a bet. After you have placed a bet on a sport at the first BK, the second one may not accept the bet. Because of this, experienced players rarely use this strategy.
Way #2 - moving the line
The odds are constantly changing depending on new data that the bookmaker receives. The speed of line updates at bookmakers varies considerably and this can be used to your advantage. Let's look at one example of such a strategy.
Let's say that in the morning all the bookmakers put odds 2 on Chelsea's win against Arsenal. In the afternoon some bookmakers lowered the odds to 1.9, and in one of them, the odds remained unchanged. This means that most bookmakers are even more confident in a Chelsea win, which means betting at odds of 2 is considered profitable, as the quote is inflated.
Such a system also has its risks:
- a)Account blocking. Employees will pay attention to such a player over time. If you constantly use only such a strategy, you may encounter blocking of the account or problems with the withdrawal of money.
- b)The risk of losing. A valuation bet does not guarantee a victory. It only allows you to slightly increase the chances of a pass, but the risk of losing is still high.
Way #3 - playing ahead of the curve.
Quite a lot of players prefer to bet in play. In this case, much depends on how quickly the bookie receives and updates information about the match. If a person is directly at the stadium, he has a significant advantage. Regardless of what events occur on the field, the information reaches the bookmaker with a delay of 20-30 seconds.
Suppose, for example, the first ball goes into the goal. In this case, you can quickly try to bet on the TB 0.5. The only obstacle is that during dangerous free-kicks and penalties, the bookmaker's office suspends the acceptance of bets.
Method #4 - organizing games
If you are interested in sports betting, you have seen advertisements with match-fixing. However, such information is not publicly disseminated, and people who try to sell a rigged game are likely to be cheaters. In this case, you will lose money not only for buying such information, but also when the bet turns out to be a loser.
This does not mean that match-fixing does not exist. Athletes and coaches of clubs in the minor divisions quite often agree with each other. This is due to the low salaries, so they want to compensate for them with winnings from sports betting.
Method #5 - a professional approach
Experts always evaluate all events on their own and then make their predictions. These are smart bets for the long term, which will allow the future to come out in the plus. Accordingly, every player should strive to become a professional in this area if he wants to consistently beat the bookies.
several factors distinguish a professional from an amateur:
- Keeping records. Mathematics is necessary not only to calculate the probability of the outcome and the bookmaker's margin. Be sure to keep a detailed record of all bets, so you know exactly how much you are in the plus or minus
- Understand the specific sport. Cappers do not bet on everything. Usually, they choose one or two sports. It is desirable to focus on certain championships. If one covers too many tournaments, the player simply will not have time to follow all the important news in sports